cheerio

the last sunset of this year
🌟
a year that had me tear my hair out
with rage and disbelief,
with excitement and hope

a year that had me lose 'friends', people i thought 
i had a connection with, 
a bond over mutual interests
turns out our mutual interests were merely 
a superficial connection
something that our egos recognised

this year had me scratch my head so many times
whenever i heard someone else
{people i assumed were intuitive, awakened, spiritual}
had succumbed to the pressure to conform 
to a frightening New Normal

this year that became even more disturbing
than the one before
and that's saying something.....

a year in which the shells finally fell from my eyes
in which the truth about the world around me
turned out to be even more disconcerting
 than i could've imagined
in which the people i trusted proved to be puppets
and i had to go very deep within to let it all go

a year i'm delighted to see the back of

i sincerely hope
that you'll have a wonderful New Year
and a wonderful New Beginning
🌟


No comments: