30 days writing {14} surprise yourself

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself. How will you surprise yourself this week?
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

i just reread what i wrote 4 years ago, and i stand by that still. many times i've surprised myself, by doing just that what i never thought i could, or dared, or was capable of... living in another country... singing in public, solo... giving birth without being medicated up to eyeballs... falling in love,  and being swept along with the whirlwind that is love... looking after a dog for two weeks... ending my relationship... 

and i'm sure more will follow, when things feel right... and there's no way of knowing when that is... i need to listen to my inner voice, and believe it to be true. only then... 

No comments: