30 days writing {18} dreams

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: 
‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ 
I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be 
and make it happen. Because you can. 
Write about your future now.
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

a gusty wind blows against the window of my beach house, and makes it rattle. i look up from my laptop/easel/worktable* to see if the window will hold, and feel reassured that it does. i know i need to wrap up in a bit, cos my love will come back home with a takeaway {curry/fish&chips/Chinese}* forthwith and i'm actually feeling quite ravenous. he has taken a few hours off from the building he's designing, as he;s an architect on a deadline {he designed and helped build this house by the coast as well, has my love...**} and will be travelling back to London in a few days, so i will have the place to myself again, shared with Harvey the dog, and my two crazy black cats, and the kids, who have come over to stay with their batty mum for a bit, and i will have time to take them places, and they'll take Harvey out for long walks and i'll have time to write/paint/draw/sew*... 

in a few weeks time we'll go off on a trip to Scotland in our camper van to visit my bff S and then on to my Dutch friend Kati, while we wallow in the British countryside {which my Love is re-appreciating after years of living in Antwerp...}. though i sort of loath to leave Dorset/Cornwall/Devon* for too long stretches... 

life is pretty awesome... :-)

* delete as necessary 
** artistic licence... he could be anything really, as long as he's rich and wonderful and happy... {my current Fantasy is an architect, you see...}

have a cuppa... 

5 comments:

Kati said...

I'm just curious, why (now that you're single again) is there a man in every dream/fantasy/foreseeable future you're describing? I see you as a strong woman so why?

Daan said...

cos i don't want to end up alone and batty... i don't envisage living with one again as such, just there being someone in my life...
but why can't 'strong' woman have a man in their lives?!

Daan said...

women...

Kati said...

Oh they can! But maybe that's just me... If I come back in a next life I've descided I'm staying alone! (I hope 'they' remember that I want/need to) I get to dependent on others... ;) (or it's just easy/I'm too lazy) (guess the latter? :D )

Daan said...

:-) not lazy or easy, it's what you needed or what you attracted, anyway... nothing wrong with that... your next life... well... who knows... :-) but what's stopping you from not being too dependent {on anyone} in THIS life...? ♥